Credit Scoring Officer
0 others have applied to this job.
Minimum Work Experience:
Posted on: 1 month ago
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Banking & Finance
- Develop company-wide and business process-specific risk assessments to evaluate and address any impact the results may have on the control environment.
- Assist in the design and implementation of efficient and effective controls across the organization.
- Implement documentation including process flowcharts, process narratives, risk and controls matrix and evaluate controls.
- Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement and implementation.
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions.
- Actively participate in decision making with process owners, provide meaningful insights, and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions.
- Ensure clear, concise, actionable and practical observations and recommendations, with a well-documented process for communication and clearance.
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with process owners, by providing high quality deliverables and communications, providing them tools and templates that can help them better achieve their process objectives.
- Conducting periodic meetings/walkthroughs with process owners to ensure any changes to process are updated and properly assessed for control gaps. Supporting process owners through training, reviewing, and providing guidance for their processes.
- Staying current to changes in regulatory guidance, industry best practices, and areas of focus/hot topics for external audits.
- Actively building and managing relationships with Company stakeholders, while promoting the importance of compliance initiatives throughout the organization.
- Facilitate requests between the control owners and the external credit score team.
- Bachelor's degree (in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems or related field preferred).
- An appropriate certification in accounting and/or auditing is mandatory, including a CPA, CIA, CISA and/or PMP (any).
- Demonstrated experience, skills and knowledge with IIA Professional Practices and Standards.
- A minimum 3+ years of experience in a senior credit scoring role; Experience with similar credit score roles in large organizations or with Big 4 audit firms highly preferred.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
- A maintained knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices are always considered.